You are currently viewing Airlines That Still Accept Emotional Support Animals

Airlines That Still Accept Emotional Support Animals

Published August 2021

Airlines that are not based in the United States still offer the service to accept Emotional Support Animals.

Here is a list of those airlines that allow you to fly with an Emotional Support Animal (dogs) To/from Mexico, Central and South America.

Aeroméxico – Recently updated their ESA policy and now require a medical certificate from a psychiatrist (not psychologists).

There is an online form you must complete in order to request bringing an ESA on board the airplane.

ESA link for Aeromexico

Avianca: If you fly within Colombia or to and from Mexico and Colombia, you can continue to enjoy carrying your emotional support pet.

Documentation is required by a licensed physician or mental health professional, and the passenger is under his or her professional care.

ESA link for Avianca

COPA – Emotional support dogs will only be accepted on routes where they are recognized in the country’s regulations: to or from Brazil, Colombia and Mexico.

A medical document issued by psychiatrist, certifying that you have a mental or emotional disability and need an emotional support animal while traveling or at the final destination.

Effective August 1, 2021, emotional support dogs will not be accepted on flights to or from Canada. Passengers with tickets purchased on or before July 20, 2021 will be accepted.

 COPA ESA link.

VIVA –  Within Mexico and from Mexico to Miami.

You must present documents from the treating doctor that justify the reason you must travel with an  emotional support animal.

VIVA ESA link. (Scroll down their page halfway)

LATAM –  Emotional Support Animals (dogs) can travel with you in the cabin on flights to or from Mexico, and Colombia, and on domestic flights within Colombia.

LATAM has a specific form to be complete by your licensed mental health professional.


Volaris – ESAs can travel at no cost on flights within Mexico and from/to Central America only. 

You must provide a document from a mental health specialist such as a psychiatrist, psychologist, or licensed clinical social worker.

Volaris ESA link

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments