Mexico’s Frequent Traveler Program for pets maybe for you.
Do you and your dog or cat travel often between the US/Canada and Mexico?
Tired of having to pay for a expensive health exam and certificate of health each time you come back to Mexico?
What is the Frequent Travel Pet Program?
In the last couple of years Mexico instituted a frequent travelers program for dogs and cats.
It is a free program, with the purpose of speeding up the attention of users who travel frequently to Mexico accompanied by their dogs and cats.
This is a brilliant idea!
Benefits Of The Frequent Traveler Pet program:
- During a period of six months, you will no longer have to present another Health Certificate every time you enter with your dog or cat.
- You minimize the waiting time.
- It will not be necessary to register data, since these will exist in their database at the moment of obtaining the document, only the validity of the vaccine and de-worming will be verified.
- You will not have to wait until the Import Certificate is prepared, it will be sent electronically to your email.
- The “Registration of Income” is granted at the national level in the Inspection Offices of Agricultural Health (OISA) and in the central offices of the SENASICA.
How To Apply
1) Fill out an application.
2) Attach your health certificate issued by a veterinarian authorized by SENASICA.
3) Have a record of your current rabies vaccination.
4) Have record of your treatment against ectoparasites and endoparasites (less than 6 months).
The registration process for the program is available only in the Agricultural Health Inspection Offices (OISA) at Mexico City and SENASICA‘s central offices.
There is no cost to register with the Mascota Viajero Frecuente program.
For more information, you can go in-person to one of the above mentioned locations or you can call 59051000 ext. 53611, 54326 and 51020, (0155) 43130154; 43130155 and 43130152.
Or contact the Mexican consulate in your state for help. List of Mexico consulates in the U.S.
By having the Registro de Ingreso document, you can enter the country as frequently as you want with your pets for a period of 6 months.
This is true as long as all the vaccinations & treatments are still in effect and your pets are healthy
The program is free of charge.